<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d2266529344607186388\x26blogName\x3dThe+Apathist\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://theapathist.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_GB\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://theapathist.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d884683321372852148', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Monday, April 28, 2008
Out with the old, in with the new...

I've decided that due to my upcoming exams, revision study periods and strange waking hours, I'm going to try blogging according to a schedule. I'll be blogging on Monday, Thursdays (maybe Saturday's) and Sunday's from now on, unless I have a spare moment on another day or I have something that I'm gagging to say (not likely). You may have also noted that I am now categorising all my posts so they can be referenced easily (for those of you who only roll up to get free music, you now don't have to go through the archives - am I nice or am I nice?)
So, without further ado, welcome to the first-ever, Music Monday!
In keeping with the 'M' theme, I'm sharing the not-very-well-kept secret that is Misprinted Type. Or Eduardo Recife as he is actually known (man behind the company; artist, designer and font...creator), who actually designed the fonts that I have used for my new header (which I'm still not sure about, so that may change again soon)...(I seem to have replaced my gratuitous comma use, with excessive bracket use). Anyway, the point is that he designs brilliant fonts, some of which are available for download as freeware on the website, which is brilliant because I was sick of looking at the same old bloody fonts on Microsoft Word! Now I have fonts like 'Horsepuke' and 'Selfish' that cheer me up immensely (especially in size 48). His site is also pretty rad; smudged old paper with lots of clickable doodles that lead to poems, scribbles etc.

This week's music, courtesy of:
Akira Kosemura - Drop
Cocorosie - By Your Side
Couch - Lasst Nicht Nach
Whitey - Twoface
Shout Out Out Out Out - Chicken Soup for the Fuck You

Back on Thursday!

Edit: Browsing NY Mag, I found this little conversation which I found somewhat hilarious:-

"Lord knows we spend enough time covering Gossip Girl around here. So we were obviously thrilled to find ourselves in a real-life Gossip Girl moment last night at the Met before the opening of La Fille du Regiment in which Emmy Rossum schooled Blair — er, Leighton Meester — on the Costume Institute gala. We couldn't believe our ears at what unfolded. How Meester knows so little about the Best Party Ever is a tragic mystery. But perhaps not as tragic as the fact that she won't be going, while Rossum will sit at Anna Wintour's table in a dress handpicked by Her Vogue-ness."
New York: [to Rossum] So who are you wearing to the Costume Institute gala on May 5?
Rossum: Oh, I can't say. But I can say that Anna [Wintour]'s picking it.
Meester: Why is she picking it?
Rossum: Because Anna invited me to sit with her. I'm pretty lucky, aren't I?
Meester: That's pretty great!
New York: Did Anna say to you, "I will pick your dress"?
Rossum: No, I am lucky enough that Anna has kindly said that she'll work with me to get me a great dress. I've been christened. I feel like I was just blessed by the Pope.
Meester: Is it, like, ridiculous — the Costume? They were asking me about it, actually…
Rossum: It's, like, literally amazing. You can't not go. It's like the event of the year.
Meester: I know, but I think I'm going to be in L.A.
Rossum: It's like the New York Oscars…
Meester: May 5, you said? I don't think I'm going to make it.
New York: [to Rossum] Why don't you take her over to Anna and introduce her?
Rossum: She's working. She's not even available to go to the most fabulous event.
New York: [to Meester] You're not done shooting Gossip Girl?
Meester: We'll be done. I'm shooting a different show.
New York: Oh, really — what?
Meester: Entourage. So I won't even be in town — but in L.A.
New York: Are you going to be a recurring part?
Meester: No. I'm just doing this one episode for now. We'll see what happens.
New York: That's pretty cool.
Meester: Yeah, it's pretty good.
Rossum: She has a pretty cool show for now, though.
Alright, I might call Gossip Girl over-the-top and silly, but the last time I saw Emmy Rossum acting was...well, never. The girl is like a wooden doll when it comes to acting. And getting all stupid because Anna Wintour is dressing her? Let me remind you what she wore to last year's Costume Institute Ball. Yeah. Good luck Emmy (even her name is cloyingly girly!)

Labels: , ,

9 comments