<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d2266529344607186388\x26blogName\x3dThe+Apathist\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://theapathist.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_GB\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://theapathist.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d884683321372852148', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Friday, February 15, 2008
The Re-invention....

So, in Big News this week, Smarties are bringing back the blue smartie. Seriously. This is big news because the blue smartie was actually my favourite smartie colour, so when they stopped making it because of the artificial colouring they used, I was quite distressed. However, thanks to new findings, they're bringing it back because it's going to be coloured with seaweed. It's almost too exciting, isn't it?

Conversely, Polaroid will be retiring classic Polaroid film which means that unless you have a fridge full of polaroid film, it's bye-bye retro instant photography. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with my Polaroid because I don't feel like paying £30 on eBay for 10 pictures, it's a just a bit excessive.

Anyway, I think I'll move swiftly on before I get really het up about the other ridiculous happenings of this week. Aside from the ridiculous, it has also been London Fashion Week which I haven't been following as avidly as I'd like to because I've been a busy little bee.

However, from what I've seen so far, I've been digging MeadhamKirchhoff's (Edward Meadham and Benjamin Kirchhoff) strong, elegant and ultra-modern take on classic designs, the knitted full-length skirt with the gradient knit top was genius even if you do have to be a tall, thin giant to work a maxi skirt - it has this tough, sexy feel to it and I want it to be mine! I also loved the blazers with updated 'power' shoulders, the nude fabrics with bold graphic lines blazened across, and the fact that they created an empowering collection without including trousers.




And I wish that Paul Smith would offer to stock up my wardrobe with the clothes that I would cherish forever over any other clothing. (Except Rodarte and Giambattista Valli shoes.) I'm especially loving the matching printed tights, and even though some of the clothes are in florals, they're moody florals which is acceptable to me because they don't really deviate from my favoured clothing palatte of navy, black, grey, tan and occasionally moss green. It's almost like he knows me...I wonder how inappropriate it would be for me to declare my undying love for him, probably very.

But, the clothes are wonderful; the headscarfs and knee-length skirts may at first suggest a rather 'missish' repressed, primness, but one look at that model with a shirt slipping off her shoulder, and you know that it's more about barely repressed, elegant, casual sexiness. In my opinion, it's not less is more but more is more. You can keep your body-con Herve Leger and Alaia dresses, and your overt Cavalli animalistic sex-appeal because a femme fatale beats them hands down.



Later ladies! I'll try to post back sooner because I feel awful that I never seem to make enough time to read everyone's blogs.
Edit: Remember this girl from Facehunter and The Sartorialist? I didn't think it was possible for her to match her last outfit, which was basically perfection topped off with emerald heels, but she has. I have nothing but love for the second outfit; it's the flash of colour that the scarf provides along with the slash of dark red lipstick (which is really hard to wear well unless you have quite thin lips, I have found) and her braided hairstyle.

Photo from Garance Dore

Labels: , , , , ,

14 comments