<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d2266529344607186388\x26blogName\x3dThe+Apathist\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://theapathist.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_GB\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://theapathist.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d884683321372852148', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Saturday, November 24, 2007
Only vaguely interesting.

I've been tagged by Heather of Tango Pirates and Absinthe and I've got to say that being tagged is rather like being challenged. For instance, on this occasion, I have to think of 7 interesting things about me (and I think you can see where the challenge lies), nevertheless, I'll rise to the occasion because I'm trying to avoid doing work (surprise!)

1. I've had more crushes on fictional characters than I have had on boys in real life. I'm incredibly critical, and I find it hard to see potential in guys beyond friendship. It doesn't help that I've such an idealised image of the 'perfect guy' because of how much I read.
Some of my literary crushes:
- Holden Caulfield - JD.Salinger/Catcher in The Rye - didn't everyone?
- Inigo Wallace and Harry Delancy - Eva Rice/The Lost Art of Keeping Secrets - I was torn between Inigo and Harry even though the novel doesn't pit them against each other. Harry was a table magician with one dark brown eye and one blue eye and as a child kept a loaf of bread as a pet, called Julian the Loaf. Inigo was a singer and absurdly suave for someone who was 16.
- Captain Wentworth - Persuasion/Jane Austen - he was a Jane Austen character, need I explain further?
- Atticus Finch - To Kill a Mockingbird/Harper Lee - completely worthy, and you can tell he's attractive in a bookish way (played so well by Gregory Peck in the film).
- Gilbert Blythe - Anne of Green Gables/LM.Montgomery - the first. He saved a girl from drowning, was smart and handsome.
- Laurie Laurence - Little Women/Louisa May Alcott - immensely betrayed by his marriage to Amy. I'm from the 'school of Jo and Laurie.'
- Mr Thornton - North & South/Elizabeth Gaskell - a bit of a brute but kind and honest.
- Rhett Butler - Gone With the Wind/Margaret Mitchell - embarrassing but true.

2. I love books with really thin sheets of paper. Like the Bible. When you can see the words on the other side of the page and it doesn't feel like you're holding anything between your fingers.

3. If someone gave me £100, I'd probably spend it on stationary and notebooks. I have notebooks that have never been used in drawers, on shelves, in piles of clothes...

4. I'm incapable of walking on uneven pavement without tripping. This means I trip at least twice daily. My knees are a mess of scars from falling over when I was a kid. I could regularly be found howling in the bathroom, perched on the edge of the bathtub while my mother cleaned my knees and elbows up - this would usually involve lots of dramatic blowing after dabbing wounds and sympathy which I thoroughly enjoyed.
5. I love thunder and lightening. I could listen to it all night. There's something about it that I find so soothing, and I love how the air and the sky seems so clean the day after.

6. I'm a bad loser when it comes to Monopoly. When I was younger and I was losing, I'd usually get into an argument with my sister and end up sweeping the board with my arm so everything fell off and the game would be ruined.

7. I write comments and underline passages in books I borrow from the library. It's against the rules but it's my little rebellion. (Sometimes I even doodle...I know, I'm living life on the freaking edge!)

And now I'm tagging:
Dylan's Candy Blog
Nonsense on Stilettoes
Red Lipstick and Macaroons
The Fray
Cotton Candy

Labels: ,

17 comments