<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d2266529344607186388\x26blogName\x3dThe+Apathist\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://theapathist.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_GB\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://theapathist.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d884683321372852148', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Monday, October 22, 2007
Sometimes celluloid is all you need.


So the new Wes Anderson movie, The Darjeeling Limited is going to be released in November and I'm practically wetting myself in anticipation. The film's about three brothers (Owen Wilson, Jason Schwartzman and Adrien Brody) who set off on a journey across India in order to reform the bonds that they've lost over the years, and to find themselves. Of course it sounds a lot simpler than it is, and they find themselves making their journey in a far from conventional manner when they get stranded in a desert (I have no idea how you can get stranded in a desert but I can't wait to find out...in order to avoid this ever happening to me...unless it means I get to take part in a Wes Anderson styled adventure).

The film features Anderson's usual cast memebers Owen Wilson, Jason Schwartman, Anjelica Huston and Bill Murray, but also the excellent Adrien Brody, Camilla Rutherford and Natalie Portman. Newcomer Amara Karan also plays quite a central role and you'll see her later this year in the greatly anticipated (at least by me!) St Trinians. With such a great cast and a fabulous director, I really can't see how I can fail to love this film.

I've been getting into the mood with the soundtrack which is an electic mix featuring the likes of The Kinks and The Rolling Stones, as well as music from classical/traditional Indian composers, but it works well and I imagine will play quite a part in setting the tone for the film if Wes Anderson's previous films are anything to go by.(I've uploaded it and the link's at the end of this post).

If you've seen it already, let me know what you thought! And if not, and you're intrigued, here's the trailer!...At least, I hope it's here...

video

The Soundtrack:
The Darjeeling Limited
Sidenote: I realise I initially started out as a fashion blog which has now petered out into a film/music/fashion blog, so if you're hating the fact that I keep mixing everything together, let me know and if enough people feel the same way, I'll divide the topics into two separate blogs so you don't feel cheated when you think I've updated and written about something you actually care about!...Also I have no idea what the second black box is, but maybe you can just do me a favour and ignore it because I'm not sure how to delete it.

Labels: ,

14 comments