<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d2266529344607186388\x26blogName\x3dThe+Apathist\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://theapathist.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_GB\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://theapathist.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d884683321372852148', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Saturday, August 25, 2007
Lost Down Under.

So it looks like I didn't do a proper post when I said I would on Wednesday, but I have a very good excuse that I have yet to think of. Also I have lost my camera which I am surprisingly calm about considering how neurotic I normally am when I have misplaced something. It does mean I have no updates about from Thursday onwards...probably a good thing if I'm honest because I spent Thursday in red fleece pants, and a grotty I heart NY tee until I absolutely had to remove myself from the lounge to go out. The week was a bit of a failure, no?
Sidenote: I've never really paid any attention to Australian designers, I've seen and liked designs by Karen Walker and Alice McCall but that's been the extent of it. Until a few days ago anyway when I accidentally stumbled onto TV, a label set up by two Melbourne -based designers, Monika Tvanek and Ingrid Verner. They won a design award last year for their first collection, and have just opened their first flagship store. I love how playful and eclectic, but wearable their clothing is (yes, even the latex leggings!)


Obus is another Australian based label which made me incredibly happy because it's clothing based on excellent design with longetivity in mind; there's no neon or garish embellishments, just simple yet dreamy clothing (with lots of layering!) in muted and neutral tones.

Spring Summer 07

Autumn Winter 07
And last but not least is Kate Hurst, Sydney-based designer who uses great fabrics and prints to achieve stylish and feminine designs which seem partially influenced by particular decades.
Spring summer 08









Labels: , ,

8 comments