<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d2266529344607186388\x26blogName\x3dThe+Apathist\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://theapathist.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_GB\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://theapathist.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d884683321372852148', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Monday, July 09, 2007
Only Slightly Covetous...

My blog won't let me type in a title because it is being childish. If this post had a title, it would be, "Only Slightly Covetous." I hope this isn't a recurring problem, I like having actual titles rather than just the date.
This week I'm pining for something by Romina Karamanea, a London-based designer who I can't really call a newcomer because after graduating from CSM, she worked for Robert Cary-Williams, Clements Ribeiro and Preen. And then in 2005 she began designing her own collection. So newcomer, no. Newly spotlighted, perhaps?
She uses beautiful fabrics in rich tones, while the shapes of her dresses and jackets are almost architectural. Karamanea tried to create a collection that had "sophistication with eccentricity and couture shapes with a ready-to-wear functionality". And in my opinion, she's done just that, I'm just a little bit sad that her pieces are out of my student price range because they are so wonderful, though I'd settle for my favourite which is the black skirt in the A/W collection.

Spring/Summer 07

Autumn/Winter 07/08



On another note, is anyone else enjoying the Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue advert on TV at the moment as much as I am?

And does anyone else text/call people in the same house so you don't have to shout or actually go to them? I think I'm getting freaking lazy.

EDIT: Thanks to my first comment-giver for the title tip! It worked!

Labels: , ,

18 comments